Wednesday, November 18, 2009

1 Samuel 1:27

"For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition that I asked of Him."

Today we celebrated our "Forever Day". Three years ago today we finalized the adoption of our beautiful daughter. For two long years we loved and prayed. I will never forget the way I felt the day of our adoption. I'm not sure how to describe it. It was a mixture of love, pride, and gratitude. It was amazing. We are blessed.

We usually ask Kirsten how she would like to spend our anniversary. In the past we've celebrated with family dinners, bowling, and doughnuts. Tonight we enjoyed a family picnic at our favorite playground. It was perfect.



Our beautiful daughter


Daddy's Pride...


...And Mommy's JOY


BLESSED

2 comments:

jag said...

I just love these pictures! You really are blessed! She is wonderful!

Pres-tone said...

Oh my! She is looking so much older in these pics!