Sunday, September 13, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Well, I'm a bit behind on my blogging... working full-time sure cuts into my blogging time (actually my "get absolutely anything accomplished time"... but I digress).

Last weekend Kirsten was in Illinois with Brian's family. I'm not quite sure why I ever agreed too it (okay, okay, it was an informed decision... I wanted her to have the chance to see her great-grandfather, visit with her great aunts and spend time with Tyler... but I didn't like it!). I just hate when Kirsten is away. I hate it. Everything is too quiet. It's sad how I always think I want things quiet... until they are... then it just feels empty. But she had a wonderful time, as everyone knew she would, and we found ways to fill the hours while she was gone.

Luckily, Maureen, Ryan, and Luke came into town to help liven things up for us! We spent Sunday at the beach... and while it was hotter than the surface of the sun, it was a beautiful day, and we had a great time!


I love this picture of Maureen and Luke!


Mimi and Matt had an awesome time in the water together. They were laughing so hard and squealing so loud that Danny (who is much more hesitant in the water) decided to join them. They were sitting in the exact place where the waves were breaking to maximize their excitement :) Grandpa had to jump in to help stabilize them for a photo...



...There we go!




I think it's funny to see the laughing faces of Mimi and Matt in this picture... Danny... not so much. About one second after this was taken, he decided they were crazy and demanded that I pick him up and go build sandcastles with him :)


Maureen and Luke in another picture I love. I always think that pictures of mom's feeding and rocking babies on the beach are very sweet... they look so relaxed... so much the OPPOSITE of how I felt when my babies were that age :)


We all spend Monday grilling out and swimming in Mimi and Grandpa's pool. It was an awesome spread! Kirsten would be very sad to know that she missed steak and shrimp... two of her favorite foods that her mother NEVER serves her!



I love, love, love this picture of Matt loving Luke. Love it.

We had a great weekend and when it was over my sweet girl came back home to me where she belongs :)

No comments: