Monday, December 28, 2009

Preschool Christmas Program

Since the boys were born (or more accurately since they were just a wish and a prayer) I've dreamed of their preschool Christmas program. When Kirsten moved in with us she began going to the most wonderful little church preschool imaginable. Really. I love it so much. She began attending the school in November and in early December took part in their Christmas program. It was the sweetest thing I'd ever seen. Tiny, little children singing songs about God, quoting scriptures, and surrounded in love.

When I filled out the boys' registration forms (a year early!) visions of them dressed in their holiday best filled my head. While I cried in my van after dropping them off on their first day I imagined how happy we would be at their Christmas celebration. I know it sounds like I'm being sappy and exaggerating but I'm not... I've looked forward to this that much!

...So you can imagine my disappointment when Danny came down with a stomach flu four days before the program. Of course, I was much more concerned with his health than the show! (He was REALLY sick... there was some question about if he would need to be hospitalized.) The day before the program we had the okay from the doctor for him to attend... I kept studying Matt... would he ward off the germs? The answer was no. BUT he would not succumb to uncontrollable vomiting until the day AFTER the program. Thatta boy! :)


I love this picture of my little loves heading out to the church.


The boys sang "Mary Had a Baby Boy", "Christmas Bells Are Ringing", and "Jesus Loves Me". It was absolutely precious. They were on opposite sides of the stage which made photos tricky (I'm sure there was a reason for this though... they were both nervous going into the church and tend to work each other up...)

This is what Matt did for most of the program. Sit on the stage, make silly faces at Ms. Michelle, and play with his tie.


Danny sang every word and did every motion!


My sweet baby blue eyes (Danny)

After the show everyone crammed into the lunchroom to celebrate with cookies and punch.

Daddy's boys


I love this picture. This is Northeast Park Preschool's past (Kirsten), future (Isaac and Noah) and present (Matt, Danny, Malia, and Dylan). I can't believe all these kids are ours!


It was all I'd hoped for and more... such a celebration of beautiful children, a loving church and school, and all our blessings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You managed to catch Jackson in the corner of one of your pictures. I loved the Christmas show at NEPP!

sena nabila said...

Nice
Walatra Sehat Mata Softgel
Walatra G Sea Jelly
Khasiat Walatra Gamat Emas Kapsul