Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Here's the Deal About My Deals

...So several of you have asked about my free diapers. AWESOME right? That was my best haul yet. It is a little complicated and you have to wait for the right sale; but it is totally do-able. This particular deal took 3 transferred prescriptions, 30 coupons, and 6 trips to Walgreen's. I know it sounds crazy BUT I got 700 diapers, 4 12 packs of Diet Coke, 6 deodorants, 1500 wipes, 2 gallons of milk, 6 air fresheners, 2 nail care kits, 2 rolls of wrapping paper, 12 rolls of toilet paper, and 9 Fructis styling products for the price of my prescriptions only... so basically everything was FREE! That makes it very worth it to me :)
This is part of my haul!



If you are interested in joining me in my coupon compulsion please let me know! I'd love to help you get started. I highly recommend subscribing to Money Saving Mom and Southern Savers. These ladies have saved me A LOT of money this year! There are some other great sites too but I find these to be the best for getting started. These ladies will give you specific hints and directions, lay out the deals for you, match-up coupons for you, and make the whole process easy and fun!

I'll let the experts I named above teach you the ins and outs... but here are a few basics that I've learned that will help you get started!

-Start collecting coupons NOW. I take the coupon inserts from each Sunday's paper and file them in labeled manila folders. The sites named above will tell you exactly where to find the coupon you need so you just have to collect them!

-Collect multiple inserts on good coupon weeks. The first Sunday of the month tends to be a big coupon week. I always make sure to have at least 6 papers that day. I find it important to have at least 2 papers each Sunday. **If you are here in Tampa Bay be aware that the TBT is only .50 for a Sunday paper and the SPT is $1**

-Always save your coupons to use on items that are already on sale

-Use 2 coupons for items on sale as "Buy 1 Get 1 Free". For example, if Ragu is on sale B1G1 for $2.19 you can use TWO $1 off coupons (1 on each item). So you get 2 bottles of Ragu for .19! (This is why you want to have at least 2 papers each week.)

-You can use a store coupon plus a manufacturers coupon on each item. For example, last week Fructis styling products were on sale at Walgreen's for $2.99. I used a Walgreen's $2 off coupon PLUS a manufacturers $1 off coupon to get each product for FREE!

-Stock up on items when you can get them for free (or almost free). Then you can wait for another great deal to purchase more. I have not paid for toothpaste, shampoo, razors, soap, or styling products in over 6 months. I ALWAYS get these items for free now :)

I'm sure this seems crazy to many people. However, I have enough diapers to get us through almost 3 months (and these are Huggies! The "good" diapers!). By that time I should be able to find another great deal. This makes a HUGE difference in our budget.

3 comments:

jag said...

THANK YOU! I'm very interested... I was thinking you should do a little class at a community center or something. I would totally sign up! You know, organization, a little calendar, pointers, etc.

Marcie said...

I just steal ALL the ideas from the sites I've mentioned in the post. I don't take credit for any of it :) BUT I've gotton quite good at it! So I'd love to help you. The first step is just to start your coupon collection. I'll be in touch as the good deals come up :) It's awesome!

Omkar Gurjar - SEO Blogger said...

A toothpaste, which contains New Zealand Bee Propolis to ensure healthy teeth and gums, and to protect against mouth and gum infections. Propolis is a pure organic substance with a natural antibiotic action, and is used by the bees to protect their bee colony from infection.
Regular and proper brushing with Red Seal Propolis Toothpaste helps keep your mouth fresh and healthy. Use is particularly recommended to prevent infection of receding gums and in cases of gingivitis. May temporarily darken teeth (brush with Smokers Toothpaste to alleviate).

Visite our website for more Propolis Toothpaste details @
http://www.shopnewzealand.co.nz/en/cp/Propolis_Toothpaste&smo=bprop