Monday, March 2, 2009

They Keep Going and Going and Going...

...the sinus infections that won't die. Yup the boys are sick again (or still sick actually). So far they are still avoiding Kirsten's Croup and Influenza (I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!). They finished the evil Augmenten last week and, as always, within 5 days of coming off the meds the infections are back.

I'm sooooooooo sick of talking about this. I wasn't going to post this update but I figured someday I'd want to remember (maybe).

So the twins are now on a combination of two different antibiotics for ANOTHER 20 days. After they finish this round of meds they'll each have a CAT scan of their sinuses to see if the infection is 100% gone... and then we'll go from there. Ugh.

I'm so thankful it's not something more serious then sinus infections. The boys NEVER sleep anymore and Danny is a HANDFUL today. My heart breaks for families that have "real" problems. I can't imagine how painful it must be to know that your child has a critical illness. So... focusing on the positive!

1 comment:

Niki said...

Hang in there!! I'm praying this round will make the infections go away!!

I know how frustrating it is to not be able to get them well :(

If you ever need to talk... give me a call!
We miss you all,
nicole