Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Amazing Grace

My little Gracie Girl, K-Grace, or Gracie-Boo (as I like to call you),

You are the cutest thing I've ever seen. You lost another tooth this month. That leaves you with a GIGANTIC hole in your mouth. Daddy and I giggle each time you have to take a bite of something... it takes a lot of strategy these days!

Your report card came at the beginning of November and it was AWESOME. You are doing so well. I am just so proud of you all the time. You had a week's vacation from school for the Thanksgiving holiday. The night before going back I asked you if you were ready and you said "Of course! Mrs. Booker and my friends must be missing me so much!" I am just SO HAPPY that you like school. Second grade is going so well for you, and I am so grateful for that.

You joined Brownies this month. During the induction ceremony you were asked why you wanted to be a Brownie. You answered "Because Girl Scouts are honest and helpful and kind to everyone. I want to be like that." Precious.

The last month seemed to fly by so quickly. You got to meet some of your NY cousins on Thanksgiving which was really fun. You loved hangin' out with Carly (who is 10) and being one of "the big girls".

Your brothers are crazy monkeys these days. I don't know how I'd manage without you. You are so helpful all the time. You love those little boys so much. You sneak down to their room the instant you wake up in the morning. I don't know what you guys do down there but the babies never laugh as hard as they do when you are entertaining them!

We celebrated your adoption this month. I still thank God everyday for the privilege of being your mother. I love you more everyday.

Thank you for being my girl :)
Love, Mommy

1 comment:

jag said...

Oh... You always make me cry. Your love is amazing and so is that little girl. It warms my heart to know that she LOVES school! I got goosebumps when I read that she was ready to go back! She must have a special teacher. I KNOW her teacher has a special student!