Saturday, December 13, 2008

Worlds of Christmas

Today we went to the "Worlds of Christmas" festival at Great Explorations. I'd been looking forward to taking the kids to this all week... then I had serious second thoughts this morning. All three kiddos are a bit under the weather. The boys are STILL fighting ear infections and Kirsten is just "not herself" the past few days. I really thought it was going to be a disaster... but I took them anyway (all by myself!)

I am SO SO SO glad we went! It was perfect. We were only there for an hour and a half. We got to visit with Santa, Kirsten got her face painted, the boys got to play in the baby area, and Kirsten made us pizzas in the play area. There were NO LINES which was awesome! Here are a few pictures from our fun afternoon:




Now for the Santa picture! I just LOVE the way it turned out. I was worried that the boys would be really afraid of Santa and totally freak out. I think the pictures of Santa and screaming babies are so cute... but I didn't think I'd have the heart to make them do it if they were scared. So before the pictures we stood to the side and watched a few other children visit with Santa. We waved and "Ho Ho Ho'ed" at him. Then Kirsten went up to sit on his lap and talk to him for a minute. The boys didn't seem scared at all. So I grabbed them both, dumped them on Santa's lap and got a quick picture.


I love it. There was no real trauma but I think it is so funny how they are both trying to get away. Notice Kirsten's death grip on Matt. (She is the best!) Tomorrow morning we are going to "Breakfast With Santa" so stay tuned to see how that goes :)

No comments: