Monday, June 29, 2009

Tastes Like Chicken

... and other stuff that makes me smile 'cuz kids say the darndest things.

Matt: "More chicken please!"
Me: "This is (insert any food here... really anything... spaghetti, ham,
scrambled eggs, you get the idea). Do you want more _______?"
Matt: "Yes mama. More chicken please."

***********************************

Brian was carrying the boys around on his back when Kirsten asked for a turn.

Brian: "Just once okay? Remember you're really big now. Didn't you tell me you weigh 43 lbs?"
Kirsten: "It's okay Daddy. I'll hold my breath."

************************************

After watching Matt "go potty" Danny excitedly announces it's his turn. His excitement turns to confusion after a moment as he looks down and announces, "It no work. Mine no work."


A few days later (and a few more "it no work"s later) I asked Danny if he needed to use the potty. He looked me straight in the eye, shrugged his shoulders and earnestly said, "Ummm.... I don't know Mama!". (The "your guess is as good as mine" look on his face made me laugh out loud.)

*************************************

Brian: "Danny, are you a boy or a girl?"
Danny: "Bird."
Brian: "Danny are you a girl like Mommy or a boy like Daddy?
Danny: "Bird"
Brian: "You're a bird?"
Danny: (while flapping his arms like wings to demonstrate) "Yea. Bird.
Wheeeeee!!"

*************************************

As Brian and Matt pass a mirror Matt smiled and called "Danny! Hi Danny!" while waving at his own reflection.

*************************************

Danny: "You okay Mamma?" 100x per day.

Danny: "Mamma!! Come HERE Mama!" 100x per day.

**************************************
While I was applying sunscreen to the boys I made the mistake of walking away to answer the phone. I left the sunscreen on the table. Next to the mustard. I bet you can see where this is going...

Matt: "Mamma! I do mama. I do creme." (While showing off the mustard he rubbed on his cheeks and nose.)

*************************************
While walking out of the room, after success (or dumb luck) on the potty, I patted Danny's bottom and said, "Great job!". For the rest of the day Danny kept reaching around to pat his own bottom and repeat, "Great job! Me, great job!"

**********************************************************************************

The boys now call all Barbie dolls "Sissy." I find this very precious.

1 comment:

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Ha-Ha!! My two year old calls all meet (including chicken) Ham. "More Ham Mama"... LOL!! : )