Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our Valentine's Day

Before I had a family I was totally a Valentine cynic. Before Brian I never seemed to have a date (or not a good one anyway...). However, now I just love it. A day that is devoted to concentrating on how much we love each other... what could be better? I am really trying to "savor the moments" with my family. I feel like time is passing so quickly and this is such a blessed moment in time. I am trying... but around 6 pm everyday you wouldn't believe that. I get caught up in the business of raising three children and life in general. The point of all this is...(there is one!) Valentine's Day is a perfect "stop and love them up" day... so I took full advantage!

I started the day with a special breakfast for the people I love the most. Kirsten and Brian both LOVE chocolate chip pancakes so I made some heart shaped ones to start the morning off.

Heart-shaped pancakes are not the easiest things to make (if you are not at all detail oriented - like me :) but I was very proud of the end result!

Brian and the little ones surprised me with some BEAUTIFUL roses

We spent a good part of the day at the zoo. It was a beautiful day outside and we had so much fun! The boys loved the bird atrium and Kirsten loved everything!
Here is a picture of Kirsten brushing a goat. Matt was very interested in trying this but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He kept taking the brush from Kirsten and creeping up next to the goat but at the last minute he would throw the brush back to Kirsten and jump in my arms. It was CUTE!

We ended the day with a special dessert

... and cuddles during a family movie. Really... a perfect "I love my family day!"


...Here is last year's Valentine's Day picture. Does anyone know where my babies went??

No comments: