Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's Still A Blur! (Year 2)

I think the second year with my beautiful boys has been a little more of a blur than the first... or maybe I'm still in the thick of it so I don't have the "looking back" perspective. Either way there are a few stand-out memories from this year.

-Ear Infections, Sinus Infections, Croup... Repeat! Ear Infections, Sinus Infections, Croup... Repeat! Over and over and over and over...

- The look on the boys' faces when they came out of surgery. Matt was fighting like a grizzly bear (do they fight hard?) and Danny just wanted to cuddle in and sleep. It was so sad. Nothing is as sad (or as memorable I guess...) as sick babies.


- The Hand, Foot, Mouth episode... I'll NEVER forget that. Danny's little voice screaming "HELP Mama!" for hours... and I couldn't help. Heartbreaking.

- The Halloween party we went to at Great Explorations. Another mom looked at me and said "I don't know how you do it! I could never manage twins!" I actually smiled at her and said, "No, they are such good boys. It's really fun." And I meant it! I think it was the next day that they turned into wild, CRAZY, unmanageable toddlers.


- The night I watched Matt climb into Danny's crib, bend down to give him "a boost" and help Danny climb over, then happily climb back into his own bed. Brotherly love at it's best.

- Jumping on the couch. The month I set up gates around all the furniture and created "grown up island" in an attempt to break this habit. Silly Mommy.

- The traumatic haircuts. My boys HATE haircuts.

- The screaming and panic that ensued every time the boys heard the garbage truck. Apparently, that is one scary truck.

- A million trips to the playground. I did my best to give the boys an outlet for all their physical activity. It didn't work... but they had a lot of fun at the playground!

- The day (very recently) that I explained to Matt bottles were for babies and we were going to give his bottle to Baby Luke soon. Matt looked me straight in the eye and said in a very grown-up, serious voice. NO baba Luke. Baby Luke NO! No baba."
My boys LOVE their bottles. My attempt to get them off the bottle by deciding to only put water in the bottle was a complete failure. On the upside, they LOVE water now.

- All the time we spent looking for birds. These boys (especially Danny) love birds.


- Matt's Halloween determination. As we left my parents house to head down the block trick or treating Matt put his head down and TOOK OFF. He walked, and walked, and walked... such determination! And the cutest little puppies I ever did see!


- The countdowns. In this house when you hear "Five, Six, Go!" you RUN. You run FAST... because that is the only warning you get that the boys are about to do something very, very dangerous.

- Counting down to share. For some reason we've started counting to six and then yelling "Time to share!"... and for some reason it works. It's very strange... but I'm going with it!

- The laughter. The hugs. The kisses. The sentences. The lack of sleep. The utter exhaustion. The fun. The love.

No comments: